We’re committed to protecting your personal data. We’ll always keep your data safe, up to date and only ever use it for what you have requested.
Here's what you need to know...
- We’ll always keep your personal data safe and secure
- We’ll only ever use your data to improve your experience with us
- We’ll only ever use your data for marketing if you have told us you want us to – and we promise to never SPAM you
Sharing your information
- We do not sell any of your personal data to any third parties.
- If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Personal information collected and use of this information
User Account Data - although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a member of the Service, or make contributions to the Service. We will collect the following data.
- Name - we need to store this to identify you in the provision of our service. We won't share or disclose your name.
- Email - we’ll send emails to confirm any content you have submitted. We won’t share or disclose your email.
- Profile Photo - if you upload a profile photo, we use it to personalise any reviews you leave about a location.
- IP Address - this is used by us and some of our third-party providers to identify your device in the provision of our service. It is also used for fraud checks and to ensure a secure product.
- Payments - any payment method details you provide are sent directly to PCI-compliant third party payment providers. They are not stored on searchforsites servers and searchforsites employees do not have access to these details.
- Reviews - if you choose to leave a review for a location, this will be shown to other members who maybe considering the location (we will only show your username in association with your review).
- Location data - if you choose to enable location services, we do not store your location.
- Third party CRM tools - we send the following data to GDPR compliant Customer Relationship Management tools so that we can communicate with you: name, email, phone number and your customer support messages.
Other use of this information
- We may notify you of certain offers and new products, subject to you giving your consent to do so. You can opt-out of this use at any time by updating your preferences on your account details page.
- We may use this information in order to:
- make general improvements to our Service;
- analyse how customers are making use of the Service;
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
Cookies - When you visit the Site we may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer.
- Storing details about your site preferences
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
Right to erasure (also known as ‘right to be forgotten’)
- You have the right to erasure of your data from our systems. This can be done in writing to us Contact form This does not include any reviews or location photos you may have added.
- After consenting to us using your data as described in this policy, we will retain it on our system for as long as we deem to be a period within which you may return to use your account. This varies from individual to individual depending on account activity. After that period we will close your account and delete your data in line with this policy.
- You can remove your personal data from searchforsites at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
- User Account Data - although it is not compulsory to give us this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a member of the Service, or make contributions to the Service. We will collect the following data.
- We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other sites even if you access them using links from our Site and recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
- In addition, if you linked to this Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Transferring your information outside of Europe for UK users
- If you use the Site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by using the contact form found here.